What is happening during a PhD?
- For 3 years, you will work on a research project in a laboratory under the supervision of one or more supervisors.
- At the same time, you will attend training courses that will enable you to acquire additional skills.
- This research will lead to the writing of a manuscript, which will describe all your work.
- You will then be required to defend your thesis orally in front of a jury.
- Once you have defended your thesis, you will be declared a PhD graduate (Philosophiae Doctor).
- The various activities that you will carry out as part of your research project will enable you to develop many high-level scientific skills.
- Some of these skills go beyond pure research: written and oral communication, monitoring, etc..
- Complementary research activities will also enable you to enrich and perfect your skills.
- All these skills will be assets for your post-doctoral career.